Buying the wrong projector can be a costly mistake. The last thing you want to do is spend more than necessary.
Looking for the best projector under $200, then you need to compare all the projectors.
Buying a Projector can be a nerve-wracking experience. With so many brands to choose from, it quickly becomes hard to know where to start.
Your choices are overwhelming and your head isn’t in it anyway because it’s late at night after work except you really need to order a projector for your big presentation the next day with the boss but you don’t know which type of projector you need or which brand is right for you.
- YABER Y30 Projector – Best Budget Projector
- GooDee Projector – Editor’s Pick under 200 Buck
- Artlii 5500 LUX – Best 1080p Projector under 200
- Kodak Portable Projector – Best Portable Projector under $200
- Magnasonic LED Projector – Top Outdoor Projector for the Money
- YABER V2 Projector – Best Mini Projector Under $200
- FANGOR 1080p Movie – Best Budget Projector for Watching Movies
- QKK Mini Projector – Best Projector for Smartphone
- BIGASUO Bluetooth Projector – Best Budget Projector for Home Theater
- TOPVISION 8500L Projector – Best Projector for Business Presentations under $200
- VIVIMAGE Explore 2 – Top Projector for Gaming under $200
- MOOKA Native Projector – Best Budget Projector for Bedroom
- BIGASUO B509 Native – Best Projector for Cookie Decorating under 200
We are here to help you with our top picks for this year. Read the following reviews and find some of the best projectors under 200 dollars.
Our team of experts tested over 50 projectors below 200 bucks in 2023. You need to know how many lumens or how big the screen should be. They tested taking these factors into account and came up with a list of top 10 projectors that deliver reliability and quality without costing too much.
Read on to see which one is going to serve your needs the best!
Top Picks for 2023
1. GooDee 2023 Upgrade
This projector by GooDee, is one of the best projectors under 200. It comes with 80% more brightness than the other projectors under this price range. It has a contrast ratio of 3000:1, which is stunning. It displays amazing images even in slight light and outdoor environments, like, for camping.
It supports 1080P Full HD along with 1280*768p native resolution, which provides super-accurate & vivid video quality. This brand uses the latest cooling system along with adequate usage of innovative materials to ensure that the projector is not making much noise in a peaceful environment.
The display’s aspect ratio is either 16:9 or 4:3, and its maximum display size is 230 inches, which is quite giant. However, a screen with a 98-inch display from 10 feet away is optimal. It is equipped with two inbuilt 3-Watt speakers for a better experience inside the comfort of your home.
You won’t need any external speakers as it contains HI-FI Stereo with SRS sound system, which gives a stunning sound experience. It consists of multiple ports for hassle-free multimedia connections. You can easily connect TV, Firestick, Xbox, PS3, PS4, Smartphones, and a lot more. Moreover, this product from GooDee comes with 5 years of factory support.
|Projection distance:||4.9ft – 18ft|
|Picture quality:||1080P Full HD|
|Brightness:||300 ANSI lumen|
|Contrast ratio:||3000: 1|
|Connectivity technology:||HDMI, VGA, USB|
|Image size:||44inch – 230inch|
|Additional features:||Dual stereo speakers, low noise, multidirectional projection.|
|Lamp Life:||30,000 hours|
|Product dimensions:||12 x 9.36 x 4.68 inches|
|Product weight:||5 Pounds|
- Advanced cooling technology
- 30000 hours of powerful lamp life
- Negligible Noise
- Dual stereo speakers
- Slightly dull images when used in an environment with bright lighting.
- You might notice a little delay during gaming.
- This product is highly recommended when you are looking for projectors under budget. This is equipped with outstanding features, and it’s worth buying for sure.
2. Artlii 5500 LUX Full HD 1080P Support Projector
This projector displays a giant screen of 200 inches along with vivid colors for an unbelievable watching experience. It comes with two inbuilt 3-watt speakers for a stunning sound experience while watching your favorite show on a big screen. Also, it is equipped with an advanced cooling system and a noise-reducing system. This is our favorite projector under $200.
These features allow lower noise and resist the projector from getting hot even after several continuous usage hours. It is much brighter than the regular projectors at this price range and delivers brighter images with 5500 LUX brightness. Its contrast ratio is 3000:1, which ensures accurate color production and lively images.
This projector is light weighted and portable. Perfect for traveling, gaming, camping, backyard movie nights, and a lot more. It comes with an adjustable stand along with an HDMI cable and AV cable.
|Projection distance:||1.5-5.6 m|
|Body color:||Available in two colors: Black/White|
|Connectivity technology:||HDMI Port, VGA and USB, AV and Micro SD Port|
|Image size:||44-200 inch|
|Additional feature:||keystone correction, lower noise, dual stereo speakers|
|Product dimensions:||12.23 x 9.42 x 4.63 inches|
|Product weight:||5.5 Pounds|
- Keystone correction and focus
- Lower noise
- Dual stereo speakers
- Dual fan cooling system
- Very long lamp life
- Zoom is not available
- Keystone adjustment is mechanical
- The lamp life of this projector extremely long, which is 45000 hours. It is stunning at this price range. Also, the picture quality and color balance are top-notch. You should consider this one if you are looking for the best affordable projector.
3. YABER V2 WiFi Mini Projector
This product is the show stealer when it comes to the best projector for the money. The most amazing feature available in this unit is wireless screen monitoring, which is compatible with both iOS and Android. You can easily display any sort of media, like, images, videos, games, from your smartphone to the huge screen without using any physical connecting wires.
The zoom can be adjusted directly from the remote itself without moving the projector. This stunning projector is equipped with an SCT screen, that is, if you view the image from the front end, the clarity of the picture display on the screen will immediately increase up to 25 %. Its display consists of 5500 Lumens, 6000:1 high contrast, and 16:9/4:3 aspect ratio, which results in 60 % better and brighter images than other equivalent products.
It contains various multimedia ports so that you can easily connect your TV Box, Amazon Fire Stick TV, Chromecast, PC, etc. This LED projector has adopted the SmarEco technology to minimize the power consumption of a lamp, which extends the lamp life to a maximum of 1000000 hours.
It has built-in dual stereo speakers with an SRS sound system, which reduces the need for external speakers. It is equipped with a silent cooling system that contains 3 simultaneously running fans to ensure that the projector doesn’t become hot after several hours of continuous usage. Good and cheap!
|Connectivity technology:||HDMI ports, USB port, VGA port, AV port, TF ports|
|Image size:||45-200 inches|
|Lamp life:||100000 hours|
|Additional feature:||wireless screen monitoring|
|Product dimensions:||12.4 x 8 x 5.1 inches|
|Product weight:||4.09 pounds|
- Stunning contrast ratio
- wireless screen monitoring
- 100000 hours of lamp life
- Small-sized and easily portable
- Silent cooling system
- Low noise
- You might need external speakers while using it outdoors.
- Does not contain an AUX cable.
- It is a small, portable yet powerful projector. You should check out the specifications and compare them with other projectors.
4. JinhooWiFi Mini Projector
This cheap mini projector under 200 bucks is brighter than 99% of the other mini projectors. Its resolution is 1280*720P, which results in crisp and bright images. A 100-inch screen is included in this purchase for your home theatre at home.
You can get a 32–176inch sized projection from just 1.5m-5m away by adjusting the keystone and focus accordingly. It has built-in stereo speakers, which are loud enough for indoor use. However, you might need to connect an external speaker for outdoor environments.
The projector is easily compatible with TV Box, TV Stick, PCs, Laptops, Tablets, USB Flash Drive, Media players via HDMI, VGA, AV, USB interfaces. You can easily connect your devices to the projector via convenient WiFi and USB connections. It is small and portable so that you can take it anywhere to make your life a lot simpler and happier.
Jinhoo provides 3-year after-sales services with a money-back guarantee. Manual keystone correction available that is ± 15 °. It is equipped with advanced cooling fans to ensure less noise. The contrast ratio is 2000:1, which is decent at this price range.
|Picture quality:||1080P Supported|
|Connectivity technology:||VGA, AV Port, USB, HDMI|
|Image size:||196.8 inches (maximum)|
|Lamp life:||55000 hours|
|Additional feature:||WiFi connection, advanced dual cooling fan|
|Product dimensions:||7.8 x 5.9 x 3.1 inches|
|Product weight:||4.14 pounds|
- Advanced dual cooling fan
- Long lamp life
- 3-year after-sales service
- Convenient WiFi connectivity
- Manual keystone correction
- Wireless streaming of media is inconsistent.
- Not suitable as a professional office projector for PPT or text
- All the mini projector features are decent and work well according to its price. However, you can also check and compare the other cheap mini projector under 200 bucks.
5. Wsky Video Portable Projector
This portable and light-weighted projector by Wsky provides the ultimate viewing experience with a theater-like display inside your home’s comfort. It is equipped with dual inbuilt speakers along with a huge display with an aspect ratio of 16:9. 1080p images are seamlessly supported, and it also has a vertical keystone correction up to ±15º.
It has a decent contrast ratio of 2000:1 and is equipped with LED technology, which ensures that the projector displays 90% better and clearer images than any other small cheap projector. The noise suppression technology reduces the fan sound as lowest as possible, and the innovative cooling system ensures that the unit is not turning hot after several hours of usage.
The lam life is really long, that is, up to 50000 hours along with the low-voltage technology, which ensures to consume less energy and hence, saves money.
|Body color:||Black and White|
|Picture quality:||HD 1080P supported|
|Connectivity technology:||dual HDMI and USB|
|Image size:||30~176 inches|
|Lamp life:||50000 hours|
|Additional feature:||low-voltage technology, vertical keystone correction|
|Product dimensions:||8.60 x 6.60 x 3.10 inches|
|Product weight:||2.80 lbs|
- Noise suppression
- Small and portable
- Dual HDMI ports
- Dual cooling fans
- USB port does not support cord data transfer
- Not suitable for PowerPoint or business presentations
- It is an amazing projector with all the necessary features required
for a general projector used for home theater
- and video games.
6. QKK Mini Projector
This is a high-resolution HD projector by QKK. It is perfect for all your movie nights and video game sessions as it is upgraded with high native resolution. Also, a 100-inch screen is added with this purchase making it an ideal choice for all your outdoor trips, camps, and many more.
The ideal projection screen size is 120 inches, which can be obtained from just 3 meters away. The aspect ratio of the projection is 16: 9/ 4: 3 along with manual keystone and focus on available on the projector. It consists of a five-layer LCD, which ensures a longer lamp life, which is 50000 hours. The LED light ensures that your eyes are not hurting.
You can easily connect your PCs, Macs, video games like PS3/Xbox, blue-ray DVD player, TV, smartphones, etc. The brand offers a 3-year satisfaction and money-back guarantee to every customer, which is a steal deal. You can use it anywhere with the universal tripod stand.
|Picture quality:||1080p supported|
|Connectivity technology:||AV/USB/SD/HDMI/VGA/Headphone plug|
|Image size:||40 -170 inches|
|Lamp life:||50, 000 hours|
|Additional feature:||LED light, HD display|
|Product dimensions:||9.4 x 9.3 x 6.5 inches|
|Product weight:||4.04 pounds|
- Dual Built-in Stereo Speaker
- Easily connect your smartphones and video games
- Dual Fan Cooling System
- Long lamp life
- Portable screen included in the purchase
- Manual focus and keystone correction
- The screen given with the projector is semi-transparent.
- It is one of the best mini projectors under this price range. It is portable and contains all the required features.
7. Crenova HD Video Projector
This projector by Crenova displays vivid and crisp images with a contrast ratio of 5000:1. The native resolution is 1920*1080, along with 5800 Lux, which gives four times better performance with great detailing in the HD content.
The huge screen ranging from 3 inches to 200 inches allows everyone to enjoy the view from every corner of the room. You can make up to 50 % adjustments in the projection size just by using your remote control without moving the projector. It consists of inbuilt stereo speakers with an SRS sound system that delivers amazing sound quality inside the room.
This projector also has SmartEco technology and updated dual-tube cooling technology to ensure that the lamp consumption is less, which results in extended lamp life, that is, up to 60,000 hours. You can easily connect your devices to this projector via multiple HDMI and USB ports. Keystone correction of +/- 15 degrees is available.
|Projection distance:||4.3 – 19.7 feet|
|Connectivity technology:||HDMI, VGA, USB, AV, TF|
|Image size:||34 – 200 inches|
|Lamp life:||60,000 hours|
|Additional feature:||5x high refractive glass lenses, HI-FI Stereo, Latest Cooling System|
|Product dimensions:||16.90 x 11.40 x 7.10 inches|
|Product weight:||7.16 Pounds|
- 5x high refractive glass lenses
- Dynamic contrast ratio
- SmartEco technology
- dual-tube cooling technology,
- MHL-HDMI, extra Lightning to HDMI adapter, and USB-C-HDMI cable is not included with the purchase.
- Content from apps like Netflix, Hulu, etc. cannot be mirrored due to copyright issues.
- It is the best HD projector under 200. However, you can also compare it with other projectors to get the perfect deal.
8. VIVIMAGE Explore 2 Mini WiFi Projector
This HD Wireless mini explore 2 projector has 5000 Lux brightness. It has 3000:1 contrast and native and 720P resolution (support 1080P). That makes this LED video projector capable of sharing screens from Android devices and IOS conveniently and wirelessly.
Thus, it results in creating attractive clear images for ultimate home enjoyment. Also, since it has WiFi, you don’t need a wire to connect or share anything you want. However, one thing to make sure that it is connected to the same 2.4G network.
The Explore 2 mini WiFi projector comes with a portable design, and it weighs only 2.09 lbs. And the size is 7.9*6.1*3.3 inches, which provides a big-screen entertainment feeling. The set also includes a tripod that can be carried anywhere you want.
Apart from that, it has 6 multiple ports that include USB, AV, HDMI, TF, VGA, and Audio output. You can also connect it with PS4, PS4, Smartphone, Wii, or TV Box ONE, and cast wirelessly from a laptop, tablet, and phone. You can use this Explore 2 mini projector to watch TV, share photos easily, play games, watch videos, etc.
This projector offers 38-200 inches of projection size along with a 3.7-19.6 feet projection distance. You can easily adjust the projection screen by the Focus Wheel/ Keystone Correction. And can be combined with a low-light environment for creating a brighter picture. This Explore 2 has built-in dual stereo speakers using the SRS feature. That provides clear and well-balanced sound quality that lets you enjoy a fantastic sound experience.
It comes with noise suppression technology. That helps to cut off any outside noise, such as the sound of a fan. Also, it comes with one mountain hole, intended mostly for a tabletop tripod. Thus, you need a suitable space where it gets fitted well. The brand Vivimage also offers a 90-day guaranteed money-back policy, along with a 3-year warranty for any damage. And all these features make it a value-for-money and best projector under $200.
- Comes with a remote
- Supports wireless transmission
- Crystal clear and balanced audio-video quality
- Suitable for pdf patterns and sewing
- Easy to install
- Available only in white color
- Doesn’t come with a screen
9. Magnasonic (PP60) – Best Projector under 200 Dollars
This is a pocket-sized projector that measures only 3.9×3.0x0.5 and conveniently fits in a small handbag. Its performance, on the other hand, can be compared to a larger sized projector. You can connect your HDMI connection and enjoy a home theater like experience and watch movies without any disturbance.
Magnasonic LED Pocket Pico Video projector has a high-resolution display of 640×360 (WVGA) that offers a 1100:1 contrast ratio that is ideal for presentations. The pocket projector, however, accepts input up to 1080p. The images projected are sharp and clear giving you a theater-like experience at home in watching movies or videos. Although pocket-sized, this projector gives a crystal clear picture quality up to 60 inches the projection distance being from 2 to 10 feet.
It is extremely compatible with other devices like your smartphone, tablet, laptop media player or any other HDMI player that makes it easier for you to connect it to these devices for your presentations etc. Although for the HDMI player, iPad, iPhone, MHL and Slimport enabled devices, you need an additional adapter. It comes with a USB charging output of 5V/500mA.
The built-in dual stereo speakers let you enjoy better sound bringing you the effect of a cinema. A 3.5mm headphone jack is present that can be used to connect external speakers for a holistic audio-visual experience. You can watch your movie privately too using the jack to connect your headphones.
LED Light Source
Magnasonic LED Pocket Pico Video projector has a brightness of 25 lumen LED DLP light engine with 20000 hours lamp life. This DLP (Digital Light Processing) technology gives you sharp images that come to life making you enjoy a home-theater experience.
The biggest advantage with this portable and handy projector is that it comes with a built-in rechargeable battery of 2100mAh. So you can even use it while you are traveling without worrying about the availability of a charging point. The charging cable is long enough to let you utilize the projector while it is being charged saving you precious time.
Being pocket-sized it can be easily carried anywhere making it a perfect travel companion. It can be used in camps or in your backyard or for any presentation at the office. Just plug it in and enjoy the experience.
The company offers a 1-year warranty and manufacturers labor on a highly portable pocket projector.
- The DLP technology of this model gives supreme image quality which is especially enjoyable in a dark room giving it a Hollywood experience.
- The built-in rechargeable battery is definitely an advantage when you can use the projector and simultaneously charge it.
- It being small and lightweight makes it easy to carry.
- It is compatible with various devices makes it more user-friendly.
- It is affordable and also the icing on the cake is its durability.
- The audio is not so great so external dual stereo speakers have to be connected.
- The image quality is not very good as texts get blurred at the edges.
- The brightness of images is less as compared to other projectors of similar cost.
10. DBPOWER T22 – Customer’s Choice Movie Projector
If you enjoy watching movies or playing games this portable projector is the perfect one for you to consider buying. It has a handy size of 8.6×6.8×3.6 inches and can be easily carried. It is compatible with a number of devices and offers excellent sound for you to delight in. It uses diffuse reflection technology which helps reduce the glare on your eyes from blue light or direct light making them less tired.
Brighter and Clearer Images
DBPOWER T22 is an upgraded model and gives 60% brighter and clearer images than the previous model. It offers a contrast ratio of 3000:1 and supports 1080p and 720p resolutions and gives wonderful picture clarity. The native resolution is 800×480 pixels. For watching games and cinema it has an aspect ratio of 16:9 and 4:3 on the screen size of 30-176 inches. Its ideal projection distance is 1.1-5 meters.
Improved Built-in Speakers
This model boasts a built-in stereo speaker which provides a sound clarity that is 50% louder than the previous model. Whether the projector is used outdoors or indoors, the speaker gives full-spectrum sound so it is absolutely a wonderful choice for parties, football nights, and movies. Thus no external speakers are needed.
Flexible Big Screen Size
This projector gives you the experience of a large screen watch as the image it projects is 32-176 inches with a projection distance of 1-5.2 meters making it worthwhile when you watch games or a movie. This projector can also be used on a tripod mount or put into on any flat surface but if you feel it is taking up a lot of space in your room then it can be attached to the ceiling.
Lower Fan Noise
Due to advanced fan cooling technology that has been incorporated in this design the noise created by the fan is very low thus you can have a fabulous viewing experience for any videos with fewer distractions.
LED Light Source
The DBPOWER projector has adopted an advanced LED lamp with a long lamp life of 50000 hours so the thought that you might have to replace the lamp in the future is not a cause for worry. The advanced bulb design is highly energy-efficient and thus uses less energy.
Warranty and Service
The company provides you with a 3-year warranty with year-round technical support and professional customer service. It takes care of you every step of the way and ensures you do not face any problems while using the compact projector.
- The audio provided is very effective.
- Its size is definitely an advantage as it is handy and easy to carry.
- It has low power consumption and so a lot of energy is saved.
- It is easy to set up.
- The reduced glare is a comfort for your eyes.
- Due to low resolution the text is not clear.
- The image gets blurred when you try to project it to a screen larger than 80 inches.
- It is difficult to adjust the focus.
It is time to discuss specific queries that we are will occur to your mind while you plan to buy, but it would be time-consuming for you to search those answers. So we have lodged some common FAQ that you would be helpful for you when searching for a good projector under $200.
- Best 1080p projector under $200 – GooDee 2023 Upgraded Native
- Best projectors under $500 – Anker NEBULA
- Best 4K projector under $300 – YABER Y31 9500L Native
- Best gaming projector under $200 – VIVIMAGE Explore 2
- Best indoor projector under $200 – FANGOR 1080p Movie Projector
- Best outdoor projector under $200 – Magnasonic LED Projector
- Best WiFi projector under $200 – ELEPHAS W13 Mini Projector
- Best portable projector under $200 – ViewSonic M1 Mini WVGA DLP Projector
- Best movie projector under $200 – VILINICE 7500L Mini Bluetooth Movie Projector
- Best projectors under $300 – WEWATCH Video Projector
- Best projectors for bedroom – MOOKA Native Projector
- Best Cheap Projector – ARTSEA 1080P
Frequently Asked Questions
Can an under $200 projector be perfect for my home theatre setup?
When you are buying projectors the important things are: how easy is to set up, audio, image quality, and price. Many types of projectors can be used for home, but the most common are DLP and LCD types. The DLP projectors are lightweight and compact with high-quality contrast and LCD are energy efficient and produce brighter images.
Can you use a projector for under $200 for gaming?
Yes, you can. There are plenty of great projectors suitable for gaming. As long as your projector has an HDMI input you can play your favorite consoles.
Which projector under $200 will be good for my outdoor movies?
When we talk about outdoor movies I’d recommend you to check essential things such as brightness, resolution, throw distance, and display technology. You should also check whether the projector offers good internal speakers.
What is the best contrast ratio for a projector?
100000:1 is probably the ideal contrast ratio of a projector and for a portable projector minimum 10000:1 dynamic contrast ratio.
Which projector is best DLP or LCD?
When the question of which projection technology is better DLP or LCD, different experts have varied opinions. However, technically LCD is more towards visual quality, but it doesn’t have good longevity and is quite expensive. On the other hand, DLP is economical and durable, but the quality is slightly lower than the LCD.
Can projector damage eyes?
Almost every project utilizes projection technology that doesn’t cause any eye damage however if they are directly pointed to the eye, then it might harm.
Before you go, take a look at some other top picks that we’ve selected from a wide range of products:
Best Projectors under $100
Top Projectors under $300
Best Projector under $400
Top Projectors under $500
Here is the list of some of the best mini projectors on the market:
And, here are some other interesting models from under $200:
Don’t miss our other articles, such as the Cheapest 4k Projector Review or Best 3D Projectors that you can buy.