They serve as the best alternative to monitors and TVs, thanks to their 1ms response time, vibrant color, high contrast, impressive brightness, and wireless capability. It engulfs you with an immersive gaming experience that you won’t be able to experience because a projector can allow you to go beyond a 100inch screen size.
But do you know which gaming projector will be most appropriate for you? You must be puzzled as there are numerous models from different brands.
Top 10 Best Gaming Projectors
|Epson Home Cinema 2040|
Now, it is time to cover the reviews of all these models, and we have put forward an unbiased review of all the models. At the end of the review section, we have also mentioned some answer to some queries that will arise in your mind when you go out to buy a projector.
1. Optoma GT1080 – Video Gaming Projector
Optoma GT1080 is one of the highly regarded gaming projectors among gaming enthusiast that is designed in such a way that it can offer gaming monitor performance but in large size. It is an unconventional looking model that gets a decent set of attributes which you might not expect at this price point.
Optoma GT1080 is a terrific device that comes as a dedicated gaming projector, and it efficiently lives up to its name. It is a DLP projection technology-based model that is configured with native 1080p resolution in such a way; it put forward a marvelous gaming visual with richness and detail. However the blend of 25000:1 contrast ratio and 2800 ANSI lumens make the main difference with its imperative vividness and black depth eventually making the gaming visual more lively. Sadly Optoma has restricted this model to Full HD resolution, but you can play games running at HD or something lower.
The Brilliant Color technology in Optoma GT1080 serves as the central pillar behind its fluidic color output, and it causes the images to come alive with crisp whites and deep blacks. Do you drool to play 3D games on a large screen? This projector will fulfill your dream as it Full 3D compatibility including Full HD 3D playback at any screen size. It offers a 45.3-300inches screen size range so you ample amount of screen size choices. But it’s 0.49:1 short throw ratio takes all the limelight as it allows you to experience your game in 100inch size by keeping the projector from a few feet away.
Like other gaming projectors, Optoma GT1080 doesn’t get a lamp with colossal longevity, and its 190-watt can only last up to 6500hours. Connecting different type of gaming device won’t be an issue as you will find HDMI, MHL, 3D-Sync, USB, and audio. Likewise carrying this model to your friend’s house won’t give you a headache because it only weighs 5.8lbs and it also comes with a carrying bag. You will even find a 10-watt speaker, but it won’t be useful if you required huge clarity and volume while playing your game. Optoma has offered a one year warranty with this model, but you will only get three months warranty for the lamp.
Our Top Pick
2. BenQ MW632ST – Best Projector for Gaming
BenQ MW632ST is one of the most potent model in the gaming projector world that offers an intriguing list of attribute and fantastic performance but without pinching your budget. Many gamers love this model because it is economical and cradles all your basic gaming requirement.
BenQ MW632ST’s main motto is to engage you in long gaming by treating you with eye-popping gaming visuals on a big screen. That being said, it uses DLP projection technology and 1280 X 800 native resolution to achieve its primary goal but that too without compromising on other functionalities. Even though it gets HD native resolution but still you will be able to play Full HD games with ease as it gets maximum UXGA resolution support. The 3200 ANSI lumens plays a crucial role in maintaining the richness and vividness in the visuals. It’s 13000:1 contrast ratio also help the frames to come alive with proper clarity.
BenQ MW632ST is geared with 30 bits of display color and colorific technology so you can expect to get accurate color reproduction in all your gaming visuals. To make gaming sessions more interesting, it offers you a native 16:10 aspect ratio along with five other options. You will even get to enjoy 3D games in Full HD without face any artifacts. Whether you are playing alone or with your friends, you can fiddle between 30 and 300inch screen size range. Even though it has a massive size range, but you won’t have to arrange an ample space for set up as it has a 0.9:1 short throw ratio.
After purchasing BenQ MW632ST, you won’t have to think about lamp replacement for at least two years, and it is due to its 10000hours maximum lamp longevity. You can connect various type of devices for enjoying your game as it comes with HDMI, MHL, D-Sub, S-Video, composite, USB Type A & B, audio, RS232, and RCA. While starting your game if the image doesn’t fit properly in the screen, you can use the keystone adjustment, 1.2x zoom and manual focus for correction. It even bars you from purchasing headphone and speaker as it comes with a 10-watt inbuilt speaker although for decent quality we will suggest you to get external audio.
3. Sony VPLHW45ES – Best 3D Gaming Projector
When you talk about best gaming projectors, one model that is prevalent in every top-tier list is Sony VPLHW45ES. It is a legendary projector that offers you one of the most excellent picture quality which can be compared with the quality of any ordinary 4K home projector. It holds an expensive price tag, but its performance and features make it worth that price tag.
Sony is always known for their prolific picture quality and impeccable performance in its projector. Likewise, VPLHW45ES also carries the same trait and its main motto is to cradle you with lifelike gaming visuals. To ooze out extraordinary visual quality, it utilizes SXRD projection technology which doesn’t require any introduction. It is based on 1920 X 1080 pixel native resolution and 1800 lumens which drives the vividness and clarity in the video frames. The black depth offered by this model deserves all the praise, and it is mainly due to its 120000:1 contrast ratio. However, it only comes with a single aspect ratio option which is 16:9.
Sony has never compromised on the color output in their projectors, and that is why VPLHW45ES offers one of the best color accuracies in the gaming projector segment. The smoothness in the gaming visuals is quite impressive, and all the credit goes to its low input lag along with high response time. Not only that, to enhances the silkiness in the visuals it also gets assistance from Reality Creation and Motionflow technology which make sure you get to see every detail. It is a complete gaming package because it also offers Full HD 3D capability which will fulfill your dream to immerse yourself in the world of 3D gaming.
The screen size range offered by Sony VPLHW45ES will merely leave your flabbergasted as you can change the size from 40inches to 300inches with ease. What’s more? You can toggle between the screen size without worrying about throw distance, and all the credit goes to its 1.36:1 throw ratio. You won’t be disappointed with its lamp life as it lasts up to 6000hours, but the replacement cost of the lamp is slightly costly. To allow hassle-free installation, Sony has installed the fan exhaust in the front position which offers maximum throw distance. With this model, you will also get the well-known whisper quiet fan which makes a sound around 22dB.
Sony VPLHW45ES always looks after the convenience of their customers, and that is why you will 1.6x zoom ratio, lens shift, and various calibration options. Not only that it also features many input options HDMI, RS232C, RJ-45, USB, Audio 3.5mm and 12V trigger. With the USB you can quickly update the firmware and stay up to date with the latest features. The manufacturer has incorporated a three-year warranty with this model which is a boon to all the buyers.
4. ViewSonic PX700HD – Best Projector for Gaming and Movies
ViewSonic PX700HD is a dual purpose projector that offers fluidic visuals for both games and movies. It is a strategically priced gaming device that has been launched to serve general mass in the market but that too without sacrificing on the performance. It carries loads of exciting features like high lumens, low input lag, 3D full HD support etc. and their main job is to provide you with a mesmerizing gaming session.
ViewSonic PX700HD bags the traditional DLP projection system which is well known in the industry for its prolific visual performance. High-quality visuals are the first checklist of any gamer, and that is why it comes with a native 1080p resolution. However, its 16ms low input lag makes the main impact in the gaming experience because it offers ultra-smooth visuals without any ghosting or motion blur. The brightness level is always maintained at the optimum level even in the semi-lit room, and all the credit goes to its 3500 ANSI lumens. Likewise, it’s 12000:1 contrast ratio also ensures that you get to view high clarity and sharp visuals in any room environment.
ViewSonic PX700HD will simply blow your mind with its accurate color production in both bright and dark environment, and it is due to the SuperColor technology. Do you have an affinity towards 3D visuals especially in games? Then it will quench your thirst with jaw-dropping 3D performance as it comes with Full HD 3D compatibility. It even grabs a sports mode which brings out enhanced detailing in the visuals without compromising the overall quality. You can quickly call your friends to play co-op games with you because it houses a display size range between 30inb and 300inches. Most importantly it takes an adequate amount of space for installation which is facilitated by its 1.5-1.65:1 throw ratio range.
ViewSonic PX700HD bags a decent amount of port facilities which includes the likes of 2 HDMI ( 1.4a), USB Type A, mini USB Type B, VGA, RS232, and audio 3.5mm. So you can easily connect your wireless HDMI dongle for gaming or entertainment. Unlike others, it offers huge lamp longevity which is around 15000hours (5 years of daily usage). Unfortunately, it comes with 2-watt inbuilt speakers which depict that you will need to buy external speakers if you want clarity and volume. It comes with an industry leading 3-years limited parts and labor warranty coverage which also comprises one-year lamp coverage.
5. BenQ TH671ST – Gaming Projector 1080p
A simple looking dedicated gaming projector is an excellent phrase to describe BenQ TH671ST that has satisfied many gamers with its performance and affordable price tag. All the hardware and features are configured in such a way that it can offer a smooth gaming experience without compromising on anything. Whether you want to experience single or multiplayer, it would engage you for hours in both the genre.
Geared with advanced DLP projection technology, BenQ TH671ST is designed to produce a fluidic visual for both gaming and home entertainment. It houses 1920 X 1080 native resolution which ensures you will always get the best visual quality out of your game. Most importantly it is not restricted to only full HD resolution, and you can play contents up to 1920 X 1200. To maintain optimum vividness in every environment, it gets a whopping 3000 ANSI lumens. Moreover, BenQ has given LumiExpert technology in the device that detects the ambient light condition in the room and automatically balances the brightness to offer the most exquisite view.
BenQ TH671ST holds the capability to baffle you with clarity and lucidity in the in-game visuals, and it is all due to it’s 10000:1 FOFO contrast ratio. Most importantly the richness and color depth it will bring out by cover more than 92% of REC.709 color gamut will simply overwhelm you. It is well known for providing captivating gaming experience in both single and multiplayer, and all the praise goes to its 16.67ms low input lag with microsecond DMD response time. Not to forget, it also offers a 5-watt stereo inbuilt speaker that is quite adequate for gaming and movie. It also won’t fail to amaze you with its immense lamp longevity of 15000hour which depicts it will smoothly run for five years with daily usage.
You can place BenQ TH671ST anywhere you want because it offers the option to notch up the image size from 30inch to 300inch. Not only that it even treats you with an ultra short throw ratio of 0.69:1 which indicates you can 100inch from just 4.9ft away. During the setup, you will have all the essential image adjustments at your disposal, and it includes vertical keystone correction, 1.2x zoom, and manual focus. The rear section of this device houses many connectivity options like HDMI ( MHL and 1.4a), D-Sub, USB Type A and B, audio 3.5mm and RS232. In addition, it also gets QCast Mirror HDMI wireless dongle that allows you to stream videos from any smart device.
6. Epson Home Cinema 2040 – Good Projector for Gaming
Epson Home Cinema 2040 is a popular model in the gaming world that is loved by many gamers throughout the United States. It holds all the cards to cradle you with mesmerizing gaming session and that too without breaking your bank. It might look simple from outside but has the prowess to overthrow any Low cost 4K projector in performance.
Epson Home Cinema 2040 is well packed full HD projector that has made many gamers go crazy over the gaming visual output. Epson has included its well known 3-chip 3LCD projection technology and Poly-silicon TFT active matrix which ensures you get what you paid for. But its native 1080p resolution along with 2200 lumens serves as the principal protagonist to bring out the eye-popping visual quality. It engulfs every dark frame in a game with heavy detailing, and for that, it gets assistance from 35000:1 contrast ratio. An interesting fact of this HD LCD projector is that it won’t ruin your gaming session with rainbow effects.
Epson always emphasizes on the crispness in the gaming visuals, and that is why they have included frame interpolation and Image enhancement in Home Cinema 2040. Top notch color output is vital to bring out the best out of a gaming visual, so it houses a Full 10bits color processing with a 1.07billion color display. You can stay assured you won’t find any lag or motion blur issue while gaming because it gets low input lag with fast response time. Whether you want to play any particular game in 3D or watch 3D movies, you will get assistance from full 3D compatibility with maximum support up to 1080p at 60Hz.
Epson Home Cinema 2040 simply takes the driving seat when it comes to screen size range, and it ranges from 34inches to 332inches. On the top of that, it gets an impressive throw ratio range starting from 1.22:1 and ends at 1.47:1. However, it fails in the inbuilt sound output because its 5-watt mono speaker falls short when it comes to delivering detailed sound quality. Interestingly the fan noise level is quite low, and it stays between the range of 29 to 37db depending upon the usage hour. Like every well-known gaming projector, it also features a decent lamp hour which resonates to 7500hours in ECO mode.
You will find a lot of input option on the body of Epson Home Cinema 2040, and it comprises the likes of two HDMI, 2 RCA, USB Type-A and composite video. You can even use Roku streaming, Chromecast, Amazon Stick, etc. with this model as it also gets MHL support. To get you the ideal visual representation, Epson has supplied some tuning options like +/- 30-degree vertical and horizontal keystone correction, optical zoom and focusing. Unlike other best digital projectors, it provides you with a two-year limited warranty and 90 days lamp warranty.
7. ViewSonic PJD7828HDL – Cheap Gaming Projector
ViewSonic PJD7828HDL is an unconventional home cinema projector that cost like a projector 720p model but performs better than any ordinary 1080p models. It is one of the best gaming projectors on the market that is appreciated by a lot of buyers and experts. Not only it has won some esteemed awards for its incredible visual performance and functionalities.
ViewSonic PJD7828HDL is one of the highly reviewed gaming projectors that has hardly dissatisfied any of its buyers. It puts up a top of the line visual quality, and it is due to the amalgamation of 1920 X 1080 native resolution and 3200 lumens. Besides, it also houses Dark Chip3 DLP technology which serves as the primary pillar behind its eye-popping visual quality. But surprisingly it only bags 16:9 aspect ratio which could be an issue if you are serious about the screen aspect. The richness in the dark frames is impressive and 22000:1 aspect ratio serves as the main protagonist.
The color reproduction ViewSonic PJD7828HDL bring out in the gaming scenes is breathtaking, and it takes assistance from SuperColor technology that provides large color gamut. It also gets SuperColor IPSMatch facility which blends color wheel coating, chromatic adjustment, and premium optics material to bring out lifelike color quality. Like every high-performance gaming projector, it also bags short input lag and fast response time around 16ms which bring out the lucidity in the frames. It also doesn’t even rob you from Full HD 3D, and you can play 3D contents from almost any source.
Whether you want to play your game alone or with friends, you will always get to choose the screen size between 30inches and 300inches. Even though it offers you a mammoth display size but still ViewSonic PJD7828HDL has managed to keep the throw ratio around 1.15-1.5:1. The lamp longevity of this model is entirely praiseworthy, and it offers one of the best lamp life which is 10000hours. The fan noise is also low, and it stays between the range of 30dB and 35dB. It also excels well in portability segment, and you won’t find much difficulty carry it as it only weighs 5.3lbs.
It doesn’t end here,
You can hook various external devices with ViewSonic PJD7828HDL as it bags some decent amount of ports comprises HDMI (3D Blu-Ray ready), 3.5mm Audio, RS-232, MHL, D-Sub 15pin, Wireless HDMI, and USB. Likewise, you will also get some pretty good tuning features, and they are +/- 40-degree vertical keystone correction, manual focusing, 1.3x zoom, etc. Interestingly it also houses two 10-watt speaker which is adequate for casual gaming. Lastly, you won’t have to worry about damage for three years because it gets 3-years warranty and 1-year lamp warranty.
8. BenQ TK800 – 4k Gaming Projector
When you search for a state of the earth gaming projector with incredible capabilities, one model you will always stumble upon on the internet is BenQ TK800. It is a high quality device that is filled with numerous eccentric features, and its performance can outclass many expensive models in the gaming segment. It may come with a high price tag but it totally worth the price you will be paying.
BenQ TK800 serve the taste of every gamer because it allows them to experience best of gaming and entertainment in one device. It is a DLP projection system based gaming device that utilizes top of the line 4K UHD native resolution to offer you the most excellent gaming visuals possible. Along with 8.3million pixels, its hyper realistic HDR10 capability takes the gaming visuals to a whole new level by adding crispy detailing and true clarity. Ambient light intensity in your room won’t bother you much because its 3000 lumens offers a balanced brightness to maintain the richness. It packs a 10000:1 contrast ratio and tone rendering which facilitates the projector to cradle every visual with rich contrast and optimum black depth.
You can expect a theater like an image quality while playing your game or watching a movie with your friends as BenQ TK800 covers 92% of Rec.709 color gamut. The lack of fast response time may deter from competitive gaming, but it going completely immerse you in single players games with its visual quality. The sound quality it produces with the help of 5-watt speaker with Cinema Master Audio +2 will leave you in trance although it lacks a high volume. The image size range it offers is quite incredible, and you can comfortably expand it from 30 to 300inches. It gets a decent throw ratio range of 1.47-1.76:1 which indicates it won’t bite a tremendous amount of space for setup.
BenQ TK800 even treats you with full HD 3D compatibility which is a boon to gamers who wants to enjoy the 3D perspective of their game. It comes with a powerful 240-watt lamp which offers an adequate amount of longevity which is around 10000hours. BenQ has taken image correction seriously with this device, and that is why you will find 40-degree keystone correction, 1.2x zoom and focus ring. Connecting different type of external devices is totally breeze since it houses HDMI (HDCP 2.2 and 1.4a), D-Sub, USB, RS232, and audio 3.5mm. It packs a warranty coverage of 2- years which six month warranty for the lamp.
9. Optoma UHD51A – Gaming Projector 4k
Optoma UHD51A is an advanced smart projector that performs like a pro in both casual entertainment and gaming. Unlike other 4K models, it treats you with many top of the line features which are mostly available in high end projector and all come within a justifiable price range. However, its smart features take all the highlight and they helped it earn a massive reputation among gamers.
Optoma UHD51A is a simple looking projector that has recently earned some prestigious award in CES 2018 and silver award in Taiwan Excellence 2019 due to its performance. One of the main reasons behind its fluidic performance is DLP 4K chip which ensures optimum richness and balance in every visual. It will leave you flabbergasted with its dramatic in-game visuals, and all the credit goes to its 3840 X 2160 4K UHD native resolution. The ambient light amount in your room won’t affect the vibrancy of your gaming visuals as it gets 2400 ANSI lumens of brightness. It even bags 500000:1 contrast ratio which ensures that all images are cradled with thick black and enriched clarity.
Optoma UHD51A boasts a stunning color performance in all the gaming visuals, and it is due to its 100% coverage of REC.709 and 80% coverage of DCI-P3 color gamut. However, the HDR10 supports to take the image quality one step ahead by improving the brightness, black depth, and color output. It even allows you to immerse yourself in full HD 3D gaming as it comes with the support of 3D Blu-Ray and PC support. During fast-paced game scenes, you will get sharp detail with zero motion as it comes with Optoma PureMotion frame interpolation technology. Apart from the bedroom, you can also set it up in any place as you can expand it up to 300inch with just 1.2-1.56:1 throw ratio.
What makes Optoma UHD51A unique in the market? It’s intuitive voice control capability with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant which allows you to operate the device. Despite being an expensive gaming projector, it doesn’t shy away from offers a hefty of lamp life of 15000hours. The two 5-watt speakers it bags ooze out the pretty good sound quality, so you won’t require an external speaker unless you are really particular about sound. Adjusting images during setup will be a piece of cake because it gets vertical lens shift, 1.3x zoom, and manual focus. Optoma has bombarded this device with all the essential ports like HDMI, HDCP 2.2, VGA, 3 USB Type-A (including wireless display), audio 3.5mm, RS232, and RJ4.
10. EUG 88+A001 – Budget Gaming Projector
When it comes to gaming at a budget range, one model that is recommended by many experts is EUG 88+A001. It has become a rage in the budget segment due to its scintillating image quality and its ability to provide an excellent gaming performance. Many gamers are opting for this model because it quenches their thirst for gaming in a big screen with stunning visuals and without spending a considerable chunk of money.
EUG 88+A001 is an inexpensive gaming projector that utilizes a 5.8inch TFT LCD display and 1280 X 800 native resolution to throw detailed gaming visuals on the screen. It also allows you to play your games in full HD resolution as it offers maximum resolution up to 1920 X 1200. However, its 4600 lumens serve as the eye candy which ensures that you can play your game in any light condition without worrying about a faded view. It also gets support from 5000:1 high contrast ratio which makes sure all the images are treated with optimum clarity and color richness. It may not get colossal color accuracy, but its 16.7m color support offers a decent color reproduction level.
A uniqueness of EUG 88+A001 is that it uses an ACC image enhancement technique to notch the vividness and crispness in the gaming visuals. Moreover, it also makes use of an HD decoder chip so that you can get visuals with decent clarity and zero rainbow effect. Despite having an outstanding visual experience, it doesn’t shine much in the audio department although it gets Dolby Audio Decoding. It offers a wide projection size range that lies between 50inch and 200inch giving you the freedom to even use it outdoor. Surprisingly, it doesn’t bite much space in your room as it offers a throw distance range of 3.9-18ft.
An overwhelming advantage of owning EUG 88+A001 is its 50000hour of LED longevity that would offer not only 15 years of service but also save a lot of electricity. Even though it doesn’t come with a zoom facility, but you will get keystone correction and manual focus for image adjustment. What’s more? It is geared with Android OS, quad-core processor, and 8GB ROM so you can browse the internet or play games on the large screen. It won’t disappoint you in the connectivity section due to the availability of HDMI, USB, VGA, AV, 3.5mm audio, and wireless capability. However, it only gets one-year warranty coverage with a one-month money-back guarantee.
How To Buy A Gaming Projector – a Complete Buying Guide
If you have gone through all our gaming projectors, you must be perplexed by so many top choices. You must have been thinking about which gaming projector will be ideal for you? Well, we agree that choosing the most appropriate one is a tricky task, but we have tried to make things simpler for you by providing a simple buying guide. Our buying guide will point all the essential considerations that you should take into account, and we can assure these factors will guide you to your desired one.
Let’s go through all those crucial factors:
When it comes to choosing display technology for gaming projectors, we consider DLP and LCD to serve as the most appropriate options. DLP models will suit best for the gamer who would like bright and realistic color visuals with low input lag. However, it fails to offer deep black in a dark scene, which might be an issue. LCD, on the other hand, offers exceptional gaming visuals with high contrast and deep black, but you will often face a rainbow effect while gaming.
LCoS is probably the most exceptional technology in the lot because it will not only top-notch image quality with lifelike color but will also ensure high clarity and brightness. But they are highly expensive and only available in some exclusive models.
Currently, full HD resolution serves as the best deal for gaming as most of the games run well in 1080p. Even though gaming is slowly shifting from Full HD to 4K but still 1080p resolution serves as the sweep spot for standard resolution. Most of the games run exceptionally well on full HD resolution yielding you a terrific visual quality with all the details.
However, 4K gaming projector can serve as a future investment and will be an ideal choice if you have a system with high-end hardware. With 4K, you will be able to run all the resolution with proper brightness and color depth. However, if you have budget constraints, then you can opt for a 720p resolution that also oozes out great gaming visuals.
Brightness, Contrast Ratio, and Color
As we all know, brightness is denoted as lumens, and for gaming projectors, you won’t require massive lumens unless you are planning to host an outdoor gaming session. 2500-3500 serves as the ideal range for gaming because it will not only yield bright visuals but will also serve well in a semi-lit room.
Without proper contrast, you can’t expect to get the best out of your game. Minimum 10000:1 contrast ratio is needed by a gaming projector to deliver to high clarity visuals with deep blacks. However, the higher contrast ratio better will be gaming visual quality.
Similarly, you should never compromise on the color as the reduced color output will give out a terrible visual quality. Make sure the projector can cover more than 90% of the color gamut and gets proper color technology.
The response time of a gaming projector determines the smoothness in the visual quality, and it mostly denoted in the unit of millisecond. The finest response time you will find is around 14ms, and only a handful of models comes with the super-fast response time. Most of the models come with a response time around 16ms that delivers ultra-smooth visuals with minimal motion blur. Moreover, they will offer you lag-free gaming that will make your session an enjoyable experience. However, never settle for high response time around 30ms because it will lead to motion blur, and it can cause motion sickness while playing fact-pace games.
Well, we all know to have the best gaming experience; you need to have a high refresh rate that can smoothly play high fps games. The refresh rate is an important part, and it depicts the number of frames that can be delivered per second. It is represented in Hz, and the higher the rate better will be the output.
Generally, the 60Hz refresh rate serves as the benchmark for the smooth gaming experience, but if you can manage 120Hz or 144Hz, then it will take your experience to a whole new level. Although if you are really low on budget but we will still recommend you to not go below 60Hz because 30Hz won’t offer a proper experience. Lastly, G-Sync and FreeSync are currently not available with a projector, so you shouldn’t consider them.
Projection Size and Distance
Projection size and distance may not seem important, but they serve as one of the main reasons that you are opting for a gaming projector. Always opt for a widescreen size because you never know when you will have to host a co-op gaming session for your friends. 30-320inch serves as the most exquisite range, but you won’t get the same in every model.
Projection distance entirely depends upon the place where you will set the projector. If you have a small apartment, then opting for an ultra-short or short throw projector would be ideal. However, if space is not a constraint for you, then it would be better to choose the standard throw ratio and invest in better features.
When you will use the gaming projector as a large-size display, you will obviously want it to support all types of gaming devices you have in possession. While purchasing, ensure that the body houses HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, and VGA port because you will need them to took modern gaming gadgets. Besides, also check whether it comes with USB, MHL, and audio port so that you can hook gamepad, gaming controller, and various other devices.
Wired Or Wireless
Well, it entirely depends upon you your choice, but if you are someone who likes to maintain aesthetic in their gaming room, then a wireless projector would be ideal. Wireless relieves you from the hassle of chords, and you can place them in any convenient location for setup. However, they are quite expensive and may often lag. So if you can tolerate the hassle of installation, then wired projector would be a plausible option.
What Should Be The Budget?
Gaming projectors are always tempting, and we have seen people overspending on models that they don’t need. You should first prioritize which features you need and then decide your budget. The problem is that there are numerous budget models, and everyone claims to offer the best gaming experience but they won’t cut when it comes to gaming performance. Moreover, they will bug you with a lot of issues, so they aren’t investing your money. However, top-end gaming projectors are highly expensive, and it is not easy for anyone to own them. So you will have to strike the right balance that will provide you the necessary performance at the right price.
Frequently Asked Questions for The Gaming Projector
Can projectors be used for gaming? Are projectors bad for gaming?
- Projectors can be comfortably used for gaming, and there are many manufacturers who produce gaming dedicated models. They come with high resolution, fast response time, high refresh rate, low input lag, and game modes. Projectors aren’t bad for gaming and work well for gamers who want to experience massive size gaming. However, it can’t offer the same ultra-smooth visual performance as gaming monitors and modern LED TVs.
Is a Projector better than a TV for gaming?
- Well, it is a debatable question as both have pros and cons, but TV gets the edge when it comes to color output and response time. Nowadays TVs are coming fast response times around 5ms whereas projectors have managed to reach 14ms. But with TV you will be restricted to a specific size, but the projector allows you to achieve different sizes according to your requirements. You can even carry them wherever you want, which is not possible with TV.
Are 7000 lumens good for a projector?
- 7000 lumens is suitable for projector only when you are planning to use it in broad daylight, large conference room, bright room, or any outdoor. It will be overkill if you are planning to use it inside a place because you won’t require such high lumens for the dark conditions. Even if you use it outdoor gaming session after the sunset, you won’t need 7000lumens.
Which is the best gaming projector 2019?
- The term best gaming projector is entirely subjective, and it varies from expert to expert. But according to our team after proper evaluation, they have found BenQ MW632ST to be the best in the lot. It doesn’t mean that other models in this list are inferior, but this model gets an edge in gaming performance.
Do projectors have a refresh rate?
- The projector does have a refresh rate, and it varies according to models. None of the projectors is without refresh rate because it defines the number of images a projector can produce per second. Most of the standard models come with a minimum refresh around 30Hz, but most of the gaming models get 60Hz as standard. 120Hz and 144Hz refresh rates are also found in gaming projectors, but the choice is quite limited.
Is warranty an essential aspect of a gaming projector?
- Even though gaming projector comes with heavy-duty hardware but they are quite prone to technical or hardware issues after some of the usages. They run for a long time, so hardware gets very hot during the span. So chances of any problem are quite high, and repairing by yourself can take a toll on your budget. So it is best to get
Can I use the projector as a gaming monitor?
- Well, technically, gaming monitors and projectors may serve the same purpose, but they differ from each other on many occasions. High refresh rate, better color, high clarity, G-Sync, and FreeSync are specific capabilities that monitor better than a projector. However, when it comes to size and portability projector gets the upper hand. So to answer your question, you can use a projector as a gaming monitor, but you can’t expect the same performance.
Should I consult an expert for setting my gaming projector?
- It is always a smart move to call an expert for setting a gaming projector, especially when you are new to the projector. An expert not only helps you to set the projector correctly and at the proper place but also helps you to tune the projector appropriately. Generally, when you purchase a projector through Amazon, then they are the ones who will be offering expert for setting the projector. Although if they don’t, then you will have to contact local and it is slightly a costly process.
How are pico-projectors built? How do I build one?
- Pico projectors are built in the same manner as an ordinary projector, but here all the parts except the lens are quite minute. The boards used are similar to mobile motherboards. If you have the right parts, you can quickly make one. You just need a 2inch screen, a small projector box, slide lens, small stock cooler fan, Fresnel lens, LEDs, a small switch, power connector, and cables.At first, you have to take the LCD from the player and attach it to the projector box. Then you have to connect the LED to a heat sink, and after that, you will have to wire down the LED driver. After this, you will hook the lens and slide projector with the LED. You should arrange them in a line so that everything is in position.
Are there any 1080p LED projectors?
- A few years ago the number of 1080p LED projectors were less but technology has evolved, and now you will find a lot of 1920 X 1080 LED models in the market. However, all the top models belong to ViewSonic and Panasonic and all of them priced above $1000. But apart from them, many other small companies are also providing 1080p LED models and that too at a rate below $500.
What is Digital Projection?
- Digital projection is a method of projecting any content as an enlarged image on a screen from an external source. Basically, it connects PC, laptop, gaming console or any other player and projects the video content on the screen with the help of the projector. The digital projection takes assistance from a lot of factors before projecting an image like lumens, contrast ratio, color processor, native resolution and finally projection system. During digital projection, the projector takes help from the lamp to create the light output on the screen. The digital projection is a complicated process as a lot of factors comes into action.
Is it possible to turn a normal projector to a short throw one, with a lens?
- It is entirely possible to turn an ordinary projector into a short-throw model with just one lens and tele-compressor to minimize the distortion. You can do it by mounting a wide angle lens or any lens with ultra short throw capability, and it will shorten the projection by half of the original measurement. You should make sure the glass should be wider in diameter than the existing and only then you will be able to convert a normal one to short throw model.
What is the difference between an LCD projector and a LED projector?
- The main difference between an LCD projector and a LED projector lies in the light source utilized. LCD projection oozes light onto a mirror, and it then divides into three primary colors which then passes through three separate panels. In the end, it again converges after passing through another prism and then falls on the screen which results in a sharp, bright and colorful image.Whereas an LED projector uses either DLP or LCD technology for the projection system and uses an LED lamp for the light source. LED headlamps have tremendous longevity, and they require zero maintenance. Not only that, the fans are quiet and come with an affordable price tag and much more energy efficient than LCD projectors.
Check out these models also:
- Impressive High-definition Experience: AZEUS RD-822 video projector support 1920x1080P with native 1280X720P resolution...
- Bright And Enormous Screen Experience: 2020 Newest Upgrade Projector with 5000 lumens, +80% brightness than ordinary...
- Vivid HiFi Sound With Low Noise: The advanced built-in powerful 5W speaker delivers HiFi sound quality without...
- 🌻 [Innovative One-Click to Brighten & 4D Keystone Correction Function] Our Y31 hd projector is the first projector...
- 💜 [1080P Native Resolution (1920*1080), Support Play 4k Video] The projector with native 1920*1080 resolution,...
- 💙 [HIFI Stereo Sound & Latest Advanced Cooling System] The LED projector has built-in 3W dual stereo speakers with...
- 【NATIVE 1080P FULL HD RESOLUTION】With native resolution of 1920*1080 and contrast ratio of 6000:1, the Fangor-506...
- 【WIRELESS WiFi CONNECTION】 Latest WiFi connecting function is compatible with IOS and Android system. You do not...
- 【BLUETOOTH & SURROUND SPEAKER】 Build-in stereo surround speaker, restored every detail sound effect to let you enjoy...
- Home Entertainment Projector: 1920x1080P native resolution, 7000: 1 high contrast ratio, Displayed more rich detail than...
- Sealed Optical Components & Dustproof: Unique optical component sealing technology. Dustproof, durable, and less noisy...
- Electronic Keystone & Dual Speaker: Equipped with advanced digital keystone correction(horizontal and vertical). No...
- 【YOUR IDEAL MOVIE PROJECTOR】 : As the latest home theater projector of 2021, this projector has been upgraded with a...
- 【HIFI STEREO AND LOWER NOISE】 : Built in two HIFI Stereo deliver accurate and powerful sound. No extra Amplifier and...
- 【LARGE CINEMATIC PROJECTION SCREEN】 :The projection screen size can be as large as 250".It turns your living room...